Wednesday, January 1, 2014

december eats

Happy New Year! I've been busy the past few months filling holiday orders and baking like there's no tomorrow. Out of the many recipes I tried in December I though I'd share some of the best. As a side note - I'm almost totally dairy free these days due to an allergy developed later in life, so
I use butter substitutes, which don't always work well, but all these recipes came out a peach!

Cardamom Coffee Bread Wreath :: via Sweet Paul
a pillowy bready treat perfect with a hot drink on a cold morning, like a croissant/bread hybrid

Holiday Spiced Pecans :: via A Beautiful Bite
pecan pie without the pie, YUM

Swedish Pepparkakor :: via All Recipes (my mom has our family recipe)
better than gingerbread cookies, perfectly crunchy and satisfyingly spicy, and decorated to the nines

Stollen :: via Bon Appetit
my grandfather used to make a stollen to have every Christmas morning and now I have taken the challenge. this recipe creates a very moist, fruity stollen but my family enjoys it the best

Hope you all had a wonderful start to the year and that 2014 is exactly as you wish!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment