Thursday, April 3, 2014

views from here

So far this year I've tried to be more conscious of saving some time for myself. I often have ideas for projects that I want to design for our home but last year I wasn't very good at allowing myself the time to realize these ideas. So here are a few images from my projects so far this year!

A new lamp for our bedroom. I've been wanting to make a star pendant light ever since I made a 12-pointed star tree topper for my shop a few holidays ago. Now all we have to do is wire it up! One of the points is hinged so that we can get inside to change the bulb, sneaky ;)

We finally painted the dining room! One weekend in February with snow in the forecast (surprise surprise) we settled in for two days and got it done. We're so happy with the result and spend much more time in here now. Crazy how a fresh coat of paint can lift your mood. I took this photo before we installed my collection of old English and German tiles, you can see the final result here.

I also finished this wall sconce in our living room in February. I made the inside eggcrate design a few years ago but only just got around to attaching "wings" so it could act as a face to a lightbox. I love the result at night, and it's more interesting to see during the day than a regular old sconce.

This was one of my favorite projects. When we first moved in I saw this little plain square window and thought it would be the perfect place for stained glass. Last year when we visited Steven's family in Manchester I realized that I could enlarge one of the stained glass designs in his Mom's house. Now we have a little bit of the UK right here in Philly.

All of these photos are from my Instagram feed. I'm much more active there, but I promise to get better about posting here in the future.  In the meantime follow me on Instagram!
Especially since I have new pieces for Spring coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment