Tuesday, November 25, 2014

new moon pieces for december

The full moon in December is called the Cold Moon or the Long Nights Moon. It is the month when the winter cold fastens its grip and the nights become long and dark. To evoke the cold and dark month that we are entering into I've made these moon phases from mirrored glass, a clear stained glass with black wisps (reminding me of the cold winds blowing) and a teal/blue stained glass (a beautiful but chilly color). There are 4 moon phases available in various sizes and colors:

 




I have also added a smaller moon phase ornament to my shop for the holidays. A smaller version of my moon phase garlands, it is perfect for hanging on a tree or on a window or wall. Each ornament has three phases: full, half and crescent handmade in black, purple or white stained glass. 



As an extension of the holiday season I will also be making posts on some of my go-to baking this season, a primer on succulent propagating, as well as an introduction to the New Moon Gathering that I and a few close friends have been celebrating the past few months. Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment